Saturday, January 9, 2010

FAITH

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I've never been a thrill--seeker--I don't even like those IMAX movies where the helicopter visually takes you over the edge of a precipice. I ALWAYS cover my eyes at those parts! And yet, God calls us all to the very edge and asks us to jump and to trust Him to catch us. This is what I know He is doing in our lives as we prepare to move to Swaziland. While I hope and pray I never have to experience that free fall feeling skydivers so crave--you know--that part before the chute opens up--I think I have a better idea of how that feels!

Another apt analogy for our lives these past few months is the roller coaster--the ups of loving friends who encourage us and come along side of us, the downs when fear sets in as we prepare to leave all we have ever known and loved behind; the highs of seeing God work and move in mighty ways, the lows during the times we have no tangible evidence.

And a last comparison to those dare devils I've never wanted to emulate--those brave, crazy souls who have dared to climb Mt. Everest. I'm sure there are times on the way to the summit that they feel like they are just taking one hard step after another and not getting anywhere, and maybe even have lost their way. As Christians we all have these times, and this is certainly one of them for us. My wonderful husband just keeps telling me we have continue to put one foot in front of the other....

Thank God He is faithful to His promises and will complete the good work He has begun in all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment