Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beautiful Bomake

Make Maidah

 Bomake is siSwati for "women." It is my continual joy and honor to minister to the beautiful women in rural Swaziland. They are incredibly strong physically and emotionally. Their lives are very hard, with many sorrows, and yet they continue to serve their families, each other, and their communities with a resilience and gladness that never ceases to humble and amaze me. Just one story of MANY. One woman (Maggie) lost her family (AIDS) and needed a place to stay. Another woman (Christina), living in a one room mud hut, took her in until she was able to get back on her feet. They are now neighbors. Maggie remembered the friend's unselfish hospitality at her worst time of need. She encountered a man who didn't have enough for the bus fare to get back to his family after coming to this area looking, unsuccessfully for work. Maggie had R10 (equivalent to approximately $1.50 US) to her name. She gave it to the man so he could go back to his family. My prayer is that someday I will be this unflinchingly unselfish with my own resources.

I have started a new project--interviewing many of these women I have come to know and love. Their life stories are full of tragedies. And yet they express so much hope in Jesus, and so much love for Him, and so much gratitude for His provision for them. And my prayer goes on--may I be this full of thankfulness to my Savior regardless of circumstances! HE IS GOOD!!






Make Sidudla

"My hope is in Heaven--who else but Jesus would be my husband at my age?!: She makes me laugh!










No comments:

Post a Comment