Sunday, September 13, 2015

Homeland

These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city. Hebrews 11:13-16

My great niece just had her 2nd birthday, and the photos are so cute, and my heart cries because we are missing so many precious family milestones.  

My country just came together to remember that horrific day meant to destroy us, but rather which united us for a brief and shining moment.

Here in South Africa we've had recent terrorist threats towards Americans and American interests on this foreign soil.

Most days I'm joyfully and gratefully and wholeheartedly doing the ministry God has given us here in Africa, and knowing how blessed I am.

But every now and then, I am just a homesick American, loving and appreciating my homeland as only an expat can. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment