Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weapons of Our Warfare

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2

I have NO doubt in my mind that the single most important human facet, the imperative unheralded sacrificial contribution, the most powerful yet often overlooked and unseen strength of any mission endeavor, is prayer. I thank God profusely that He not only impressed this upon us from the very beginning of our call to mission work in Africa, but also provided a virtual army of prayer warriors to be a vital part of our work with the Lord here. I am no theologian, and even they don't begin to agree on how prayer works. All I know is that God commands prayer and that God answers prayer. Countless times when I felt weary and unable to go on, I suddenly would experience a breakthrough in the spiritual realm, and I KNEW it was the result of faithful intercessors praying for us. We have been able to bodly go into communities considered extremely unsafe, where we are threatened constantly, without fear or harm. Only God's host of angels, summoned by prayers, could provide such strong protection. With no altar call, no stirring music, and no prompting, many have asked to receive Jesus; doors and hearts have been opened, I am convinced, because of saints pouring their entreaties out on the behalf of lost souls. Far from family and home, we have never been alone, but have been carried on the persistent prayers of intercessors, to whom we will forever be indebted and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment