Friday, February 27, 2009

Our Gift-giving God

When God gives to His people, He gives lavishly and abundantly. In spite of our impatience, in spite of our lack of faith, even though we stumble around and get distracted and whine and act far less than lovely, He gives out of His great love.

Another demonstration of this was shown to us through a dear brother and sister in Christ, Bob and Dorothy Lehman. They chose, in spite of bumbled communication on my part, to sacrificially bless John and me with a class on missions ("PathWays," used to be "Perspectives"). It has truly been a huge blessing--John and I are learning tons and seeing Scripture through new eyes. This class is definitely encouraging and thought-provoking, and of course God's timing is perfect as we will finish right before we head to Swaziland. Which brings me to my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment