Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.

Notice that third word in Psalm 40:1? Oh, in my flesh that is SO hard, yet I know He is teaching us exactly how to do that--in His perfect strength. We are learning in deeper ways what it means to completely trust Him with our lives. I love that story in 2 Kings, (Chapter 6) when the Lord opens the eyes of Elisha's servant to see the spiritual reality of God's power and provision and might. That inspires me to not lean on my own understanding of our situation right now--John is out of a job, we are waiting for our house to sell in one of the worst housing markets in the country in a bad economy, and we have yet to reach the full amount of monthly support we'll need to be full time missionaries in Swaziland. And yet, and yet, we wait expectantly for the Mountain Mover to reveal His perfect plan and timing. We can't see it yet, but in faith we trust Him, and we wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment