Monday, September 2, 2013

Hope for the Future


I am blessed to be on a worship team with some amazing young people. I often write about women and children, but this time I'm going to write about the young men on our team. They give me so much hope for the future of their countries. The represent the best of the best. They stand firm, and against the crowd, as gentlemen who treat young women as treasured sisters rather than objects for sex and abuse. They are standard bearers for God's Truth against a culture that mixes Christianity with ancestor worship and other evils. They obey and respect their parents and others in authority over them; they laugh and persevere in the face of hardship; they work hard in school and sports and on their jobs and studying God's Word and developing themselves as musicians of excellence. They know better than to fall prey to the snares of alcohol and drugs in which so many of their peers are entrapped. They refuse to judge one another by the color of their skin. They call me “Mom” and make me laugh with their antics. I am blessed, and I have hope for the future of Swaziland and South Africa.



No comments:

Post a Comment